15 June 2011

I don't get what Jon Huntsman is selling


6 Days from Jon Huntsman Jr. on Vimeo.


Can you feel the excitement? Only six days until - HUNSTMANIA!

*crickets*

Don't get me wrong, I'll listen to the guy, but I just don't understand the point of announcing you'll announce. And I really don't understand trying to build anticipation for a guy who has yet to even casually introduce himself to 99.1% of Americans. (Yes, Utah really is .9% of the population of the United States.)

I am pretty plugged into politics, and about all I know about the guy is that he was governor of Utah, and served as Ambassador to China in the Obama administration - the most disastrous presidency in my lifetime.

So chalk me up as one who really has no idea what he's selling here, or why I should be excited about it.

Take a lesson from the huge buzz that was built up for "it!" which turned out to be the Segway. All that build-up for a dang scooter? It'll change our lives? Really?

I guess the difference is that the only buzz Huntsman is generating is the echo of his dirtbike on the canyon walls.

So I guess that's two reasons we should call him "Scooter."

No comments: