- We don't "communicate." We talk. And we do that when we have something to say.
- We don't have a "relationship." We are married.
- We don't have an "equal partnership." That would require keeping score, and neither of us has the energy for that.
- We never "make time for each other." The time is all ours already - sometimes we have to give up some of our time for other things.
- Marriage is not "hard work." It's what we look forward to after a day of hard work.
06 February 2009
Rules for a happy marriage
I have been happliy married for almost 24 years. These are some keys to our success (feel free to jot these down, kids.):